Monday, May 6, 2013

Feb. 13, 2013 We arrived in region this morning at 6:45am. Our facilitator and her husband picked us up and took us to our apartment. Luckily the person that I set up the apartment was there and took us to the grocery store. He showed us what was good and explained it all to us. We were then taken to run paper work around. After the paper work we were able to go to the orphanage. The orphanage was a very nice one. It has great medical care and care in general. Luckily our Jocie is very healthy and really hasn't needed any extra medical attention. When we saw her a lot of emotion ran through me and was overcome with joy. I couldn't believe that she was right here and I could hold her and touch her and kiss her. She is such a sweet little girl, very cuddly. She took to us and responded really well. We found out that her birth mother rejected her from birth. Never once visited. It makes me so sad that because of Down syndrome she missed out on this precious little girl, but I'm thankful at the same time because now she will be apart of our family. I have a feeling that she will be bringing a lot of joy into our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment