Monday, May 6, 2013

Our Story

I know many haven't heard why we are doing this or what encouraged us. So I will share our story with you. In September we got a flier on our door from a neighbors brother and sister-in law who were doing a fundraising garage sale. I got the flier and immediately put it away. About a week later, maybe 5 days ,my kids found it and wanted to show me a really cute little girl on the paper. I looked at it and saw a little girl with down syndrome on it. She was beautiful! Also on it was a website, Www.reecesrainbow.org, I was extremely intrigued that this family was adopting a sweet Down syndrome baby and wanted to find out more. So alittle background on me(aubray), My senior year of high school I became buddies with a girl with Down syndrome. We quickly formed a friendship and I looked at her as my best friend. She would call at all hours of the day and night. I learned from her about true friendship. I learned not to see those who may look different as that but to see them for who they truly are. Amazing gifts from god! I also grew up in a family were two of my siblings were adopted. Adoption was normal in my life, I new that it was giving a better life to those. I also new that I always wanted to adopt, I also would tell my mom while growing up that I would want a child with down syndrome. So with all of that being said I went to the website on the flier and instantly new why I was here. I felt that Heavenly Father put all these things in my life ultimately to make this decision to adopt. I looked at these amazing spirits but saw how many we're discarded, unwanted. Culturally they look at these children with differences and see that they can do nothing with there life. They aren't allowed in school, or to have a job. A lot of parents are told by doctors that it would be a better life for that child to go into an orphanage. We on the contrary have seen first hand how these children don't thrive in the orphanage, they aren't loved. Only in a family where the parents hold them, sing to them kiss them, that is how they can grow to be what god made them to be. It has been so hard for me to hear these children ages 1-4 cry for the entire time we are there only to have the door shut so it isn't as loud. To see little ones who are rail thin only skin and bones. To not be held, to be in there beds all day and night. If they are lucky they will go from bed to swing or bouncy chair. This is why we are here. We feel that god has put this into our lives to make us better, have amore fulfilling life. I know this little girl will bless our lives beyond measure. We will learn lessons in life we wouldn't have otherwise learned. We will feel pure love, and learn of Christ like attributes through her. Reece's Rainbow Adoption Ministry|Down Syndrome Adoption Ministry|Reece's Rainbow Adoption Ministry reecesrainbow.org

No comments:

Post a Comment